Attending my first Hawaiʻi Education Leadership Summit was an engaging and meaningful experience for me. Having time with my leadership team to discuss tactical next steps to move distance learning forward at Kamehameha Schools (KS) was productive. Here are my top 3 highlights:
- Agreeing on desired outcomes and next steps for distance learning at KS.Commitment to...publicly showcasing KS distance learners' work (hō`ike + pilina + `ike) [showcasing authentic learning + building relationships + share & continually seek knowledge].
- Reflecting on where we are in distance learning, but also KS as an organization based upon Steven Edwards' suggested educational models. These models affirmed that we're headed in the right direction.
- Quotes that struck a chord for me.
- "Move at the pace of the fastest." Steven Edwards
- "To do disruptive innovation, you have to be willing to be misunderstood for a very long time." Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com: Innovation, Turning ON innovation in your culture, teams & organizations, Terry Jones 2012
My next steps:
Just do it...I look forward to implementing our agreed upon committment from our time together.