***BREAKING NEWS***BREAKING NEWS***Follow up from iNACOL Webinar introducing new Competency Framework
HOT OFF THE PRESS! Read All About It!
iNACOL , international Association for K-12 Online Learning, has compiled all the research mentioned above as well as in the field experience to give us tools that outline national standards for online:
NOW,…..drum roll please…….after observing classrooms and communicating directly with practitioners in the field, they have addressed the need of identifying the skills and requirements for a quality blended learning platform…..and have released the:
Four key constructs of the framework are:
- Mindsets – Core values that shape the perspective and process of the educator
- Qualities – Personal attributes and behavior that contribute to a shift from the traditional to hybrid environment
- Adaptive Skills – Collaborative and problem solving skills to better the school environment as innovation is embraced
- Technical Skills – The How-Tos of executing specific tasks
The framework can serve as industry standards for:
- Building professional development courses
- Hiring teachers
- Supporting and Evaluating Teachers
Considering the field of blended and online teaching is dynamic, we can serve as key contributors to how these competencies evolve. iNACOL realizes this is a living framework and look to the educators for refinement.
As we continue to develop our professional development courses, we should keep in mind that we are shaping the evolution of education in Hawai‘i and have the opportunity to mold and model these processes worldwide. How might you carry out your role and leave a footprint in this journey?