In addition to Cassie's post on "What's New on Acrobat 9" from 10/20/09, I attended another webinar that concentrated on the specific aspects of collaborating in addition to it's administrative features.
- Full text index- Documents can be archived and put into the acrobat catalog. Take all pdf documents and organize them and allows the reader to search by keyword. It will pull all relevant indexes as a result.
- Collaboration Tool: email, internal server, sharepoint, Acrobat.com can also be used. You own the info. It's a repository for the collaborative layer. It includes many types of markup tools with the addition of audio and also has the ability to have document chat which can be synchronous or asynchronous with co-navigation as well.
- Fillable forms- detects eligible form fields through the form wizard. Data can be populated and answers are exported into a spreadsheet. Responses can be pooled. Forms distribution and collection process is one that we may benefit from as we determine efficiency of processes.
- Cost analysis- a form Steve Adler created for institutions to analyze where your $$ and cents are going just by creating forms. I have a copy of the form if you'd like to see it.
- Portfolios can be built easily. Here's a video on how to do this.