Rethinking online course marketing...something that's been on our minds for awhile now is how to capture our learners, engage them and leave them wanting more. I don't know how many of us get the Learning Solutions Magazine but I wanted to share the article. Here are a few points that I picked up on:
- Don't sell - be a matchmaker. Provide risk-free mini course
How do you create a tribe?
- Be the best in the world at what you do.
- Give tons of value.
- Tell the truth to your students. If you’re trying to sell them something, tell them. People react better online to honesty than to traditional marketing tactics.
- Always deliver what you say. Broken promises are one of the fastest ways to lose a customer.
- Give your loyal customers a reason to love you. It might be a bonus course or discounts that no one else gets.
- Remember that word of mouth is still the best marketing in the world. You might want to set up a referral program to promote this.
- Talk to your customers and ask them how you can improve.